Employment Resources & Support Groups
Seton Contact: The Pastoral Ministry Office
972-956-5505 ext.4243, email@example.com
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton is a member of the Catholic Career Development Community.
Visit the Catholic Charities new North Texas Catholic Career Development Community website at www.ntxcatholiccareers.org. It offers a job board, resume posting, career development resources and a calendar of workshops/events. It's a great place to start!
Professional Networking Group
9800 Preston Rd.
Dallas, TX 75230
(NE corner of Preston Rd. & Walnut Hill Lane at Preston Hollow Presbyterian church)
Phone / fax number is: 214-739-7153.
- Mission: The Career Connection was established in 1992 to help professionals in career transition through the Principles of Networking. We believe that ‘the hidden marketplace’ can be accessed when people with similar industry experience network and exchange information about corporate opportunities.
We offer support and confidentiality in a structured, professional setting. Anyone in a career transition can greatly benefit from active participation in this program.
- Who: The Career Connection is a not-for-profit networking group for job-seeking mid- and upper-level professionals.
- What: We have weekly meetings with four 30-minute segments:
- 8:30 a.m. Orientation class for NEW MEMBERS.
- 9:00 a.m. New Member Introductions, Success Stories, Good News!
- 9:30 a.m. Job Lead Announcements.
- 10:00 a.m. Prospecting.... Members announce their Company requests.
- 10:30 a.m. New Member Overview....Finalize any unanswered questions.
- Where: 9800 Preston Rd at Preston Hollow Presbyterian Church, NE corner of Preston Rd and Walnut Hill Rd. Turn in at Aberdeen and Preston Rd into the parking lot behind the church.
- When: Meetings are every Tuesday morning 8:30-10:30 a.m. Orientation Class starts in the Fellowship Hall at 8:30 a.m. Business Meeting held in the Fellowship Hall starting at 9:00 a.m.
- Cost: Initial Membership ( Administrative fees ).....$20.00 Subsequent weekly meeting fee.....$3.00 ( Tax deductible receipt available upon request. )
Resurrection Lutheran Church Job Seekers
1919 Independence Pkwy.
Plano, TX 75075
Meets Thursday mornings at 9 a.m. in the RCL Library.
Contact: Greg Borchert 972.818.2801 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Allen Job Transition Focus Group at First Baptist Church
201 E. McDermott
Allen, TX 75002
Meets on the first Wednesday of the month from 9:15 - 11:30 a.m. in Building D
Contact: Coty at 972.359.7219.
JobNet of Plano
Reformed Church of Plano
5333 Independence Parkway Plano TX 75075
- Mission: To provide support, encouragement and networking opportunities for people in the community who are in career transition or seeking career change.
- Discussion Topics:
- Personal Marketing
- Proactive Networking
- Taking Charge
- Resume - Winning Formulas
- Interviewing Skills
- Financial Management
- Educational Resources
- Extraordinary External Resources
- Executive Recruiting Firms
- Career Assessment
- Public Libraries
- Personal Marketing
- Job-Net Objectives:
- Educate people on current job market and conditions.
- Share job leads.
- Provide information on hiring practices and other groups.
- Access centralized job referral service.
- When: Meets every Thursday from 7PM to 9PM at RCP.
- Cost: Free
Plano Chamber of Commerce
JobBoard webpage http://www.planocc.org/jobboard/index2.cfm
A listing of available jobs in the area.
Texas Workforce Commission at http://www.twc.state.tx.us/jobs/job.html
The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) is the state government agency charged with overseeing and providing workforce development services to employers and job seekers of Texas.
- For employers, TWC offers recruiting, retention, training and retraining, and outplacement services as well as valuable information on labor law and labor market statistics.
- For job seekers, TWC offers career development information, job search resources, training programs, and, as appropriate, unemployment benefits.
- While targeted populations receive intensive assistance to overcome barriers to employment all Texans can benefit from the services offered by TWC and our network of workforce partners.
- Primary services of the Texas Workforce Commission and our network partners are funded by federal tax revenue and are generally free to all Texans.